Saturday, December 22, 2007

Labels ...

Suddenly over the past few weeks I've been having this thing for all things British.
I've already been watching a lot of British Sitcoms like and Keeping Up Appearances, Fawlty Towers and My Family over the past few weeks. And now, I just realized today that I've been listing to a lot of British music acts like Oasis, Artic Monkeys and Mattafix. In fact now that I think about I've really moved towards more classic and Indie Rock from Alternative/Metal in the past few weeks. What's happening? Maybe I'm aging (in my 20's?). Ha! Who knows! I've really started digging Mattafix. They seem to be the next Plain White T's. I just my they DIY side of my personality is taking over. And it reflects in my taste of entertainment. Though it had always been there, but it's more active now.

Not that I decry everything mainstream, I still enjoy a lot of mainstream music. In fact it was all Rolling stones and Bob Dylan yesterday!! Usually I enjoy a little bit of all types of music. Even 0.0001% of pop music (I did listen to "Sexy Back .." a bit!!).

I guess I need to stop putting labels on Music and hear it for what it is. It all depends on the mood you are I guess. If I like something I just don't not listen to it cause it's a genre that I don't particularly listen to. So, what's the point of all this really? Shouldn't the same apply to life?

No comments: