Monday, March 3, 2008

Well I did something ...

It may sound stupid to some people, but I did do something after posting all that. I sent an email to the tonight show. Not a hate mail, but I did show my displeasure at using gay as an adjective and as a punchline. And I know that this will not affect them, and things will continue as they are, but I will keep going after them.

If anyone's interested, the email is tonightshowfeedback@nbcuni.com .

Remember, no hate mail, just a normal expression of your view. Just a start. It's time for a real change. I usually don't bother so much about anyone else but me, but this is bigger than me. This is bigger than all of us. I have read many people talk about acceptance. Many people write about how they need to be heard; many people write about how we need to become model citizens and break the stereotype. Well it is time to do something about it. Spread the word. Talk to people about it. Make yourself heard. I know it's very cliche and very easy to say things, but change begins with one person. We need to get the message out there. Like it or not, alone or not, I am still going to do something. It's time to walk the walk.

No comments: