Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Too tired to think of a title

So yesterday, I did something completely out of character and did a task that had been pending for the past two and a half years. No, I did not suddenly wake up and become a do-er of things, it was the absolute last day I could do the task. The final extension had already been granted. I checked. So I pulled up my sleeves (metaphorically only, mind you) and actually finished it.

My parents, who really expected the time limit to lapse and were resigned to another disappointment from me, were surprised to know that I did it a few hours before the clock said that it was midnight.

Strangely, this got their hopes up and they are counting on me to do another thing that has been pending for the past six months.

Six months only? Ha! It's too early and not urgent enough for me to even think about starting to work on it. Hell, I am tired right now and need a break of a few weeks/months.

I mean, parents never learn do they? They always expect their children to come through for them. Even someone like me.

Really, when will they realize that it's not about what I can do for them, it's all about how I can get through life by doing the minimum amount of work whilst getting maximum gains. No, I'm not lazy. That's simple economics. Maximum utilization of minimum resources. Or something like that.

Seriously, aren't I a catch?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

A catch??
Giant Gonzales couldn't catch you!

Anonymous said...

well what did you do?

Neha said...

Oh...my...gawd!! Why didn't I "meet" u for 21 years???? You like speak my mind!! You're my soul in person!! Dude...I couldn't agree more :D!

Parents just dont get it. Period.

DewdropDream said...

Is there a policy now that is aganst replying to comments? Phenomenon seems rampant around blogville right now. Hmpfh!

And this post me no like... not too much masala... unless you actually talk about what it was you did. Well?

Anonymous said...

totally!

Rambunctious WhipperSnapper said...

usp: Ewww ... But I'm sure Brian Kendrick wouldn't mind ...

orange: something which I should have done two years ago ... :P ...

neha: Yeah .. I think I need to sit mine down and educate them about this .. :P ...

ddd: Yeah .. I know .. everyone seems to be doing it .... Hmph. .... Well, I did something that would've have benefited me if I was doing something else right now. Better?

chandni: Yeah .. You say that because you like me .. No one else wants to catch me ... but thanks ... :P ..

Anonymous said...

Now am interested what you did... and also want to know what will finish in next 6 months-1 years hehe

And you right, parents hardly get it :P

D said...

I pity your parents.
I dig your economic sense.

Rambunctious WhipperSnapper said...

d: Oh, you should.

Kris Bass said...

A catch! Love ya!