Monday, October 20, 2008

The one in which we have nothing to say ... well, almost

So the past few weeks have been kind of surreal. Mostly because I have not felt like talking to anyone. For the first time in my life, it's like I have nothing to say.

I don't know what it is but it's like been very quite in these here parts. Which is very unusual because I even talk when I'm sleeping. Maybe the alcohol is wearing off or my brain has gone into a coma and forgotten to inform me or something like that. Hell, I can't even hear the voices in my head. It's like all of them got together and decided to go for a road drip leaving me behind.

Usually I am very anti-social and talk to a very selected few (mainly because not a lot of people cannot stand understand me), but this is even strange for me. I mean me not wanting to talk is like Paris Hilton refusing to have sex or Sarah Palin not horrifying people with every word that comes out of her mouth. Hell, I haven't even clogged the interwebs with my moronic opinion for quite a while.

I have this uncanny urge to put my head in the sand. Metaphorically, of course. As I said, it's quite strange for me. I ALWAYS have something to say. About everything. Even about things I don't know shit about. Like that time when I gave an advanced discourse about "the birds and the bees" to one of my straight friends who was about to get married. (I had to tell him what goes where and how. By far, one of the worst nights of my life. I still shiver and puke when I think about it.)

I hope this "phase" or whatever ends soon. Cause I don't want to turn into one of those people who speak very little and always think and weigh their words before they say anything.

I just want to go back to being the village idiot, with a ton of suppressed issues, who says everything that comes to his mind because he does not have a filter. The person we all know and want to always keep a little drunk because if he is sober, he might be tempted to take over the world.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aha! Yes, I've been through that (for 18 years) and it's not nice.
So snap out of it already!



Though you said a reasonable lot for a person who doesn't want to say anything.

Anonymous said...

*hugs*

D said...

Know the feeling. And believe me - since I'm just as much a talker - this too shall pass :)

Stray said...

Hmnnn, u do have an awful lot to say for someone who has nothing to say.

Can we expect you to stand for President (over at the place where immigrants have it good) any time soon? That seems to be the one trait that really matters; and you've also got the fact that you're an upcoming racist going for you.

I've been reading your posts since a few weeks and quite enjoy them. Thanks for bringing in a measure of sunshine to brighten up my Life! :) {Tho I do loath that I have to go looking for my shades each time you get a post out}

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Enjoyed reading what you had to say about not knowing what to say.

Quite a mouthful...

Firebolt said...

Some phase...

You're talking, a lot, but it's not making me laugh.

Snap out of it!

DewdropDream said...

'Village idiot'??!! That IS a new low for you.

hug

Prash said...

oh dear ! cheer up and come back with loads of bla bla bla ! I love when you blabber and when you talk gibberish !

Jiggy said...

arre what happened?
you and nothing to say? hard to digest...
cheer up...
or else go to the hill station once again to cheer up...hehehehe....

Rambunctious WhipperSnapper said...

@usp: er.. yeah .. i do have a lot to say .. even about nothing ... just like seinfeld ... we're very similar, me and seinfeld .. he's funny and a billionaire and i'm errr..ummm.. look a bird just flew past my window ....

@chadni: thanks .. *hugs back*

@d: Really? I had pegged you for those thoughtful, silent ones!!

@stray: Err.. Not for president .. I'd hate to be an immigrant .. anywhere for that matter ... and "upcoming racist"? I thought I was past that .... well, I am still learning ... maybe i can be one by the end of the year??

@mamma mia!: thanks .. it is, isn't it? and i wasn't even eating at that time ...

@firebolt: I can't even make myself laugh, and I laugh at anything ....

@ddd: well, i thought that was actually a high!! :P ... and *hug, hug*

@prash: really? that makes one of you .. :P ...

@rebel: i knw .. it's hard to believe isn't it? .. i think the second trip to the hill station was the problem ....

Anonymous said...

well, its cool to shut your mouth up sometimes...
but its not cool for whippy to shut up! because he makes my world go gaga!!!

hugs

pepe

Sparkling said...

If Palin wins, we're sure gonna get lotsa stuff to read here :)

Here's to you not having a filter ever...I hate unadulterated stuff :)

Anonymous said...

lest it be mistaken... being a village idiot takes a lot of hard work!
:)

Morpheus said...

perhaps a 'reaction' needs to be sought..

Rambunctious WhipperSnapper said...

@pepe: ahh .. thanks pepe ... hugs ... i won't shut up for long .. i hope .. :P ..

@still thinking: I already do a lot of Palin jokes, just don't publish them here ..:P... if she wins, it's gonna be crazy!! ... Yeah .. I can't work with a filter ..

@ct: You're baaaack!! ... and yes, it's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it...

@morpheus: like what sort of reaction?