Thursday, May 8, 2008

I'm still not tapping out ... at least not yet anyway

* The God running the earth electronics department does not like me anymore. First my cellphone conks off. Then I learn that 'conked off' is written with a c [fine that is not about electronics per se, however spell check told me, the bitch is technology, no? and it has to be female, right?] and the other phone which WAS working fine till yesterday suddenly gives up on me. And my internet connection keeps losing it's connectivity to the server and the darn computer keeps beeping and my landline phone got broken 'accidentally'. Except there are no accidents. The electronic God and his minions on earth have decided that they somehow don't like me and that I have bad electronic karma. And I once almost took up technology as a career. *Feels Smug that didn't take up technology as a career*.

* My friends have got to stop calling me for advice on relationships. I mean dude, have you heard me talk about any girlfriend for the past two years? Have I even said the word 'boobs' in a non-medical sense or in a non-nonchalant way? And right now, when I think about it, they also haven't noticed that I am gay. Some people can be so self-involved [of course, bloggers are NOT self involved]. And how come my advice actually helps them? All I do is give some rehashed advice I read in a Paul Coelho or Robin Sharma [A few months ago, I thought he was good. What can I say, I was not myself. Not anymore though. So stop judging, okay?] book. Sheesh, just like in a cheesy romantic comedy its always the fat friend who comes to the rescue.

* One of the books I ordered last month, which I was told would be delivered within seven days, is still not here. And I received an email yesterday that I can expect the book to be speedily dispatched [their words not mine] by 25th May and I can expect to receive the book in the first week of June. I wrote back to them saying that even though my sucks I still know that by no possible logic 7 days can be equal to 60 days. (Even if you are watching the darn Harison Ford movie by the same name). No reply back. Dude, I can practically walk to your frigin warehouse and then walk back home with time to spare to have 3 kids before you deliver that book. Even the Earth was created faster.

* I just don't get the stuff I used to when I was younger [Gawd!! I'm already using this line. Now I'm scared]. I mean I was a big fan of Ally McBeal. And now, when I see it, I'm like .... Meh. And I don't even like the same books. Or the same alcohol. Another example Iis that when I was a kid, I was a big passionate fan of wrestling. And now, I couldn't be bothered. I don't even watch much TV anymore. Not that there is much on. I can just sit and watch Brothers & Sisters, I looove Boston Legal and of course, Entourage. And a few episodes of Keeping Up Appearances here and there. And I keep you tubin my favorite stand up comics.And sometimes a bit of Scrubs isn't bad. And on a slow day I can watch How I met your mother and Two and a Half Men. [Talk about not watching much TV. I'm so full of it sometimes. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is my John Kerry moment].

* Looks like David Archuleta has all but wrapped up the Idol crown. No, I did not watch it. Not after I made such a hue and cry about it here. I just happened to bump into some news stories about Idol on google. I usually don't go back on my word unless it involves money or sex. Or both.

* Do not read The Japanese Wife. The book is just drab. It's like Lord of the Rings to the power of 1500. And I never dis books. That's like a cardinal sin in my book [horrendous pun not intended]. Unless the book sucks. Wow. Now I'm doing Mitt Romneyesque contradictions. And I don't even like republicans.


* I just realised a few minutes ago that when I was a kid, I had a crush on Joe Hardy from the Hardy Boys books!! Of course, not anymore. That would be creepy. :P :P



* Why is 4 Minutes so catchy? I can't get the frikin song out of my head! And I had just begun to forgive myself for liking Sexy Back!!


So this has been my life for the past few days. What have you guys been upto? And that is not a rhetorical question.

9 comments:

Dark Knight said...

So series of unfortunate technological moments!! could have been great Kodak moments (just kidding)
And man u seem to be buried in TV (i got some partner hehe.)
I too have fallen in love badly with movies lately. i watch at least one movie a day and other tv shows are there forever. i too love Brother n sisters but Star World hasn't aired new season So desperately waiting for tht...

Dunno what am writing here....but couldn't stop myself...

:)

You rock man!!

flygye12 said...

Just chanced upon ur blog today, like ur ramblings, keep up the good work. LOL

Rambunctious WhipperSnapper said...

dark knight: :P ..... Yeah .. Star World hasn't shown any new episodes.... But the internet never seems to fail me :P ....

flygye12: Thanks .... :D ....

Firefoxcub said...

dude sexyback is my guilty pleasure right there with any Britney song.

and are you by any chance saying that you think LOTR the book was boring? If so, when can I bitch slap you?

And the internet man... wtf? Happens to me too. I've had to reload this page four times to be able to view it.

Your friends don't know you're gay? Hmm. Are you the macho type of gay then? I saw a tableful of pretty boys the other day at Koshy's and I thought to myself, ahh lovely they are no longer hiding. :) It's safe out there btw. Come out and play da.

Anonymous said...

o, i always used to fantasize about BOTH the hardy bois! :)

Rambunctious WhipperSnapper said...

ffc: Britney Spears? BRITNEY? Say it isn't so ......

Yes, I said that LOTR is boring. Boring to the power of a million cubed. So, bring it ON!!!

I dunno wat's wrong wit tha internet ... it's sucks big time .. and my phone is out so i cant use the backup internet also .....

i dnt if i am macho or not but i ain't purty :( ....... i ain't hidin no mo ...... :P

closetalk: for me it was always joe .... u see i wuz a one-man boy back then :P ....

Firefoxcub said...

okay dude, you please stay a one boy boy only. and be careful and suchlike. i dont know how old you are but dont be all giddy headed about love. its a pain in the ass. (and erm quite literally for you. ha ha ha. sorry i couldnt help it.)

also look into your heart and tell me you dont stop when Hit Me Baby One More TIme shows on tv or plays on radio? Really? COme on now.

Anonymous said...

It has been a while since i have been on your blog and i can't remeber if I have ever left a comment (madgal thinks and ....... comes to a dead end). Any way if this is my first comment then here goes ....

You are getting as bad as me. For me it's Friends re-runs, Scrubs, i love the big bang theroy, Gossip Girl, brothers and sisters, Dexter, sometimes Desperate Housewifes.

Rambunctious WhipperSnapper said...

ffc: Sure ... I'll try to be a one-boy boy .... but I need to find a boy first then ..... and dude , no pleasure without pain :P :P ....

nd yes when i hear a britney song i stop, stop to wonder why she ruined Joan Jett's "I love rock and roll" by doing a cover version of it.

madgal: thanks for speaking up then :) .... those friends reruns r getting old now ... both channels just kep showing the same episodes these days ... and i totally forgot about the big bang theory, it had some funny episodes too ..... i couldn't keep up with gossip girl and i only followed desperate housewives for the gay storyline which they kinda put in the background in the second season so i didn't watch anymore :P :P ....