BREAKING: Delhi High Court reads down article 377
12:04 AM | Author: Rambunctious WhipperSnapper

I never thought I would see this day in my lifetime.

I think something happened over the past week. Somehow, the world around us has changed.

This is not the end of the fight, but it's just the beginning. We do have a long way ahead.

However, right now I would like to commend the Delhi High Court for being on the right side of history.

I would also like to express gratitude for everyone who did not lose hope and kept fighting and gave a voice to millions of others.

I'll be back when I can write more coherently.

Cheers, everyone. 

This entry was posted on 12:04 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

20 Voices heard in WhipperSnapperville:

On July 2, 2009 at 12:34 AM , Anonymous said...

congrats :)

 
On July 2, 2009 at 1:42 AM , bloggingknight said...

congrats... this is just a beginning... tough roads are ahead ... but we will hold on ... :)

 
On July 2, 2009 at 2:08 AM , DewdropDream said...

Hearty congratulations indeed!

 
On July 2, 2009 at 2:26 AM , lemon said...

congrats!! I'm so happy for y'all!

 
On July 2, 2009 at 3:27 AM , Phoenixritu said...

Windmills of the Gods turn late but grind exceedingly fine ....

Shakespeare

Congrats

 
On July 2, 2009 at 3:58 AM , Harshita said...

Congratulations :)

I am really happy with the news as I have frenz who were waiting for this to happen.

I hope the country also sticks arnd to this decision.

 
On July 2, 2009 at 8:24 AM , Stray said...

Hehehe... how can we stand by whilst there is a total loss of Indian culture and all. The 'youth' must do something, na?! ;)

Watch out for the deluge headed into "Happy Singh Colony" in Delhi's heartland in the near future!

 
On July 2, 2009 at 10:50 AM , Mudra said...

:) Congratulations. And it's heartening to witness such surprises in India, really. :)

 
On July 2, 2009 at 11:47 AM , Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

I thought about you as soon as I heard!

Time for champagne and celebration, coz the times are a-changing!

 
On July 2, 2009 at 9:24 PM , sauti said...

happy for all of us :)

 
On July 2, 2009 at 11:38 PM , D said...

:) This happiness is infectious :)

 
On July 3, 2009 at 5:54 AM , unsungpsalm said...

*Ramby
Now we are free, babe... Now we are free :) :) :)

 
On July 3, 2009 at 7:18 AM , Rambunctious WhipperSnapper said...

@Anon: Thanks :) . . .

@dk: Thanks, DK . . . Yes, tough roads ahead but I'm sure we can overcome them . . .

@DDD: Thanks, DDD . . . :D . . . a hearty welcome!!

@lemon: Thanks . . . I'm very happy for my people too!! :P . . .

@Ritu: At least now we don't have to wonder whether "to be or not to be" . . . :P . . .thanks!!

@Harshita: Yes, I hope the decision sticks. Not just for the sake of the LGBT community, but for the sake of personal freedom in this country. Thanks fr your support!

@Stray: Haha!! I hope so !!

@Mudra: :) . . . Yes it is . . . Sometimes, this country is full of surprises!

@Mamma Mia: Thanks for that! I am truly touched! Yes, and the champagne is popping!!

@sauti: and we should be :) . . .

@D: Yes, even I haven't been surly for the past two days!! Must mean something, no :P . . .

@USP: Yes, WE ARE . . . we are . . . :D :D :D . . .

 
On July 3, 2009 at 7:53 AM , chandni said...

cheers my love!

I am SO happy!

 
On July 3, 2009 at 8:27 AM , Rambunctious WhipperSnapper said...

@C: Thanks, love! Cheers . . .

 
On July 3, 2009 at 8:09 PM , Stray said...

@ Ramby & USP - Gosh, get a room u guys!

 
On July 3, 2009 at 11:56 PM , D said...

Did you just get quoted in Delhi Times?

 
On July 4, 2009 at 3:36 AM , unsungpsalm said...

*Stray
Ah, I see you're alive.

*D
DID he get quoted in DT?? WHERE WHERE??

 
On July 5, 2009 at 4:22 AM , DewdropDream said...

What's this about Delhi Times?!

And I linked up to you, came here to tell you that.

 
On July 5, 2009 at 6:07 PM , Rambunctious WhipperSnapper said...

@Stray: Look, we're not like you straight people. Just because two gay guys are talking, doesn't mean they are dating each other! Tut, tut. Tut, tut indeed. :P . . .

@D: WHAT? When? I don't think so? Pray give some more details?

@USP: I don't know!!

@DDD: Aww, thanks DDD. Thanks for your support!!