Tuesday, June 9, 2009

This post does not remember being a post

Today, early in the morning: (okay, really early in the morning)

*Ring* *Ring* (not actually a ring, but the theme from Mad Men)

Me: Hello

Caller: Hey, watsup . . .

Me: Nothing much really. Long time, eh?

Caller: Yeah, I know . . .

Me: So how's the wife doing?

Caller: She's doing good . . .

Me: . . . When is the baby due?

Caller: What baby?

Me: Er. . . Aren't you guys pregnant?

Caller: No . . .

Me: . . . WHAT HAPPENED?

Caller: We HAD the baby, idiot! That's WHAT happened!

Me: CONGRATULATIONS! When? And why didn't you tell me?

Caller: Last month . . .

Me: LAST MONTH? . . .

Caller: Stop shouting.

Caller: I DID tell you . . .

Caller: . . . And YOU came to visit us in the hospital!!

Me: I did?

Caller: Yes. Twice.

Me: Are you sure?

Caller: Of course I'm sure. It's pretty hard to . . . forget the day your child is born . . .

Me: Yeah, of course.

Caller: . . . . specially because on the first day one of the guards got fired because you wandered in during non-visiting hours . . .

Me: That does sound like something I would do, yeah . . .

Me: . . . however, are you sure that you aren't pulling a prank on me?

Caller: Dude, for the past month I've been knee deep in dirty diapers, I have been dozing off during meetings because I barely get to sleep at night and if I see one more relative wanting to give "good wishes" to my child, I'm going to jump from the terrace.

Caller: So I am hardly in a mood to kid around and pull pranks on someone . . .

Me: Aright . . . chill, don't get so emotional, man . . .

Caller: And since you don't remember, you also gave us a nice gift . . .

Me: Really? I'm so glad you liked whatever I gave you. 

Caller: Yeah, even  ______ likes it. He plays with it all the time.  

Me: You HAD a boy????

Caller: *Click*

 

What'd I say?

14 comments:

D said...

No Ramby, you didn't say anything we wouldn't expect from you :D

Rashmi said...

LOLzzz.....

DewdropDream said...

Hehehe. And since when did you get so social?! :O

Welcome back!

Stray said...

U even helped pick out the name... Einstein! Hmpfff!!

Anonymous said...

Ramby, have you ANY idea how ridiculous it looks that the last 5+ posts you made start with "This Post..."? Really! It's not funny at all!

The post is very amusing though :)

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

So you, so typically you. How well did Caller know you if he was surprised by you being you?

Unknown said...

hi dude
i have read ur many posts besides the other blog which i follow of unsung like his blog i adore ur writings but can u tell me why only 1 post a month

and u being fat i was fat and now on the way to a lean figure but i loved being fat i was fat from my teens till this year when i turned 29 but i never had the chance to have a washboard gut so lets see how it goes however its kool being fat i enjoyed despite all the harsh words i heard from one and all being fat and also bi for me was though but i was fun

Me said...

ROFL...

How can you do this to someone?? ;)

Hope you are having fun though.

Meluhhan said...

Hi there! You're one helluva funny dude. Shall be back with a big bag of popcorn for more of this ! :)

chandni said...

lol!

Some things will never change :D

and yeah...its not you, its the others ;)

Prash said...

You had such a long conversation at that time of the hour ! wow... congratz ! you being so not-social (cf: previous posts)...

Just call me 'A' said...

you were being perfectly original ;) LOL

Rambunctious WhipperSnapper said...

@D: Am I SO predictable????? :O . . .

@Rashmi: :D . . .

@DDD: Well, since he's an old pal . . . I'd do almost everything for my friends . . . as long as it's withing a five mile radius . . .

@Stray: I DID? Yikes!

@USP: I wasn't going for funny. I was going for slapstick. I think I achieved my goal. At least you're amused. And I didn't even have to take my shirt off for that.

@MMMM: Well, he DOES know me, that is why he still talks to me and kind of expects this.

@kool: Hehe . . . So you know how tough fat people have it in this world . . . lucky you got out of it . . . and I lurvve being fat!

@Harshita: I always end up doing something like this!! :P . . .

@Meluhhan: Welcome! Hope to see you around!

@Chandni: I knew that you would understand . . . :D . . .

@Prash: I should get a nobel for such an achievement!

@A: :D . . .

Meghana Naidu said...

and here i thought 'talking to a friend for a whole hour on the night of her birthday and yet hanging up, forgetting to wish her' would successfully make me a 'social doofus'
But No.
and i have you to thank

frickin funny post!
*SNORT snort*